I used to wonder about this – now I have proof. Why Mosquitoes bite some people more than others?
Here’s to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes… the ones who see things differently — they’re not fond of rules… You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can’t do is ignore them because they change things… they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do. – Steve Jobs
You ever wondered if there’s somebody out there exactly like you?
A twin or a doppelganger?
The world’s always been fascinated by them.
In ancient times, doubleness was seen as a manifestation of the supernatural, an invention of the gods.
Twins have been invaluable in neuroscience because studying them gives us insight into how environmental behavior and genetics affect things like brain aging or addiction.
But twin stories touch us on a much deeper level.
Why is that?
Are we looking for a more perfect version of ourselves, the person we wish we were…
Or someone to share our consuming passions?
Maybe we’re looking for a soul mate, someone to complete our lives.
Whatever its genesis, the desire for a twin is an expression of our need to connect.
Because in this vast and sometimes overwhelming universe, only our relationships with other people can help us not to feel so… alone.
Sometimes I have this insistent need to go away… and what could be a better place than this.
Oh, this man is like fine wine, getting better with age. And his sense of humor is awesome!
oh n btw, this is awesome voice mail greeting msg -
I don’t know who you are. I don’t know what you want. If you’re looking for Liam Neeson, I can tell you he’s not here. But what is here is a very specific set of equipment. Equipment that I have acquired from a long and hard trip to the phone store. If you hang up now, that will be the end of it; I will not trace you, I will not look you up. But if you leave a message at the tone, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will call you back.
I am so close, I may look distant.
So completely mixed with you, I may look separate.
So out in the open, I appear hidden.
So silent, because I am constantly talking with you.
Duality by Rumi
In words of Mark Pilgrim…
1. Stop buying stuff you don’t need
2. Pay off all your credit cards
3. Get rid of all the stuff that doesn’t fit in your house/apartment (storage lockers, etc.)
4. Get rid of all the stuff that doesn’t fit on the first floor of your house (attic, garage, etc.)
5. Get rid of all the stuff that doesn’t fit in one room of your house
6. Get rid of all the stuff that doesn’t fit in a suitcase
7. Get rid of all the stuff that doesn’t fit in a backpack
8. Get rid of the backpack
I don’t know if I’m capable to do number 1 on the list yet. Though I understand what the steps mean. They all take you to detachment. That’s the word. Said by our sages and saints over and over again.
Got this forward from my dear friend Pranav , and i so agree to it all
1. You have an uncle who tells you his contact number is chaar so be
ogan syt ekaavan – 4025951
2. Every autowala, taxiwala, grocerywala is our kaka.
3. We never go to office, we go to HOFFIS!
4. The first rule of money – never use your own!
5. “Su navi juni” is our version of wassup?
6. Be it seven in the morning or 1 am, gaathiyas are always welcome.
7. We are all a fan of Dakshaben aka Ketaki Dave’s “Ararararara….”
8. We keep an “ELARAM” to wake up in the morning.
9. No party is over without a round of GARBA.
10. We all love golas, but ice creams have a special place in our
hearts (and in our fridges as well).
11. We call all types of noodles “Meggi”!!!
12. When someone asks about a person, we say GENTLEMAN MANAS 6! ( Chay )
13. “Shaanti rakhi ne loi peeyo!” is our best possible slang.
14. We don’t know any place in the world called Delhi, apne to bas
DILLI aj javanu!
15. We have a PhD in bargaining by birth..
16. We can speak any language of the world in Gujarati!
17. We don’t have feelings, we have FILLINGS!!!
18. Jai Shri Krishan = Hello and Aavjo = Good bye
19. Generally our conversations begin with kem 6, maja ma ne, and end
with, koi saaru investment batavo ne…
20. We shout our guts out on international calls, thinking they can
hear us better that way.
21. A gujju would have business on his mind from the time he turns 18
- bahu badha paisa kamavana 6..( chay ).
22. Swimming is not for us – we call it chhabchhabiya.
23. For us electricity never goes – only light does!!!!
24. We don’t call people, we COAL them.
25. Next time someone irritates you, you say TEL PEEVA JA.
26. Sensex interests us more than anything else.
27. Chhas is our beer!
28. We are everywhere, all over the globe – deal with it…
29. We go to movie HOLE and take outside SNAKES for refreshments.
30. Ideal gujju mom’s phone book’s last page has – agarwal modiwado,
ajanta hotel (sunday saat vagya laginej order le 6e), gupta chikki,
jyotsanaben nu tiffin, gas book maate, kaaki ni kaamvaari, patel
gadlawado, madhuben – mahila mandal, maro mobile number…
31. Towel = tooval
32. Every gujju will introduce their spouse as aa mara mr 6, ne aa mari mrs 6…
33. Mount Abu is Switzerland.
34. Mihir Virani is our Charlie Sheen.
35. Exam aave 6, beta notes JEROX karavanu bhoolto nai…
36. If a gujju starts coffee with Karan, he would name it as “Chhas
37. Boomer is not chewing gum, it is chiggum.
38. A true gujju looks forward to eat thai, mexican, italian, chinese
and undhiyu at the cousin’s wedding…
39. If u r a true gujju then your phone will have at least ten
contacts ending in the word BHAI.
40. If u don’t like jalebi-fafda, u r not a true Gujju.
41. Being Punjabi means more chapati, less rice; being Mallu means
less chapati, more rice. Being Gujju – just eat more yaar, shu farak pade 6.
42. Gujjus believe Narendra Modi is the solution for everything – from
hair style to nation’s progress.
43. Vile Parle and New Jersey feels like home – Apduj 6…
44. We will spend 1000 rupees for a 10 rupees free gifts, free ma
male, etle maja aavi jai
45. We eat home made theplas with chhundo and athanu in business class flight.
46. We can do Garba on any song in the world.
47. Falguni Pathak is Britney Spears for us
48. After having chaat, bhelpuri, sevpuri, we make sure we ask for
extra puri, and then discount.
49. Order soup 1/2, u get more quantity – be smart.
50. If its beg, edible and free, go on dude, eat it…
51. Bombay+Gujarat+London+ America = whole world. Nothing else exists for us
52. Everyone is invited to a Gujju home for lunch, and fed like u have
come from the groom’s side.
53. If all of a sudden u hear a dhoom machale ringtone or a loud
scream or a loud chit chat amongst a group, immediately assume that
you are amidst Gujjus.
54. Hindi humko jara bi nahi faata hai.
55. 15 or 50, your parents will always refer to u as their baby or babo.
56. Gujjus don’t know what chocolate is, they only know CATBURY.
57. If u dnt watch tarak mehta ka oolta chashmah u r nt a gujju yaar.
58. Ultimate Gujju gift – a ‘cover’ (envelope) with 500+1 in it.
59. We take constitution very seriously, everybody is called bhai and ben.
61. If u do not go for Navratri, u dnt exist.
62. Mango is not our national fruit only kesar n haphus is.
63. Don’t be disheartened if u don’t make it to a top B-school, if u
are a Gujju, then business is in your blood.
64. We all own Reliance… (No further comments or xplanations needed!)
65. U find something good n say “BAHU FINE 6!”
66. ‘Pope’ Music mast hoy 6.
67. We can talk about share markets, anywhere, anytime, no problem.
68. U expect a discount at the Dollar Store if u r a Gujju.
69. U consider spongebob as dhokla, if u r a Gujju.
70. Dandiya is our Prom.
71. Packing according to a 5 night 6 day holiday when going for a one
72. Time spent at a party – Dancing (10 minutes), Chitchat (10
minutes), Dinner (100 minutes).
73. ‘Sanedo’ is our Dance Anthem, if you are not on the dance floor
when it plays, you are not a Gujju.